Thursday, November 13, 2014

Great Wall of China: The Price of A Healthy Lifestyle

Disclaimer: The pictures and videos in this post were last year's experience. I was a still little 'cuter' in those pictures.  I climbed the Great Wall of China on the 29th March 2013. 


If it wasn't because of my decision to start losing weight, climbing the Great Wall of China would have been impossible.

At 111 kgs I could:

Finish 4 big plates of white rice in one meal (4 plates x 3 meals) = 12 plates a day????
Eat one whole chicken
Could eat 3 different meals in 1 hour

I 'religiously':

Drank Iced Milo everyday before I slept.

I did not:

Know that I was supercalifragialisticexpialidosciously fat
Bother what others say about my eating habit 
Drink plain water
Control myself
Exercise
Care

I was:

Happy with my so-called-lifestyle
ALMOST SICK!!

BOOM!!!

I started to have high blood pressure
I started to have frightening pain in my chest

THAT WAS MY TURNING POINT!

I said" God, I do not want to die being a foolish that could finish 4 plates of rice"
Every night before I slept, I feared that I would not wake up the next morning because the pain was strange.


And so...the journey began but I shall continue my story in my next post....

Tower after tower, I could not stop thanking God for His wake up call.
Despite my foolish confidence climbing without warming up my body, 
my journey to the 13th Beacon Tower was effortless.

The only difficulty I had was going down the stairs.
My legs started to show their 'disappointment' towards me for not warming them up. 

The truth is, I never knew that the Great Wall is not a flat wall after all.
There are more than 1400 steps up the wall!!
WHATTTTT???!!


Almost there...few steps away from the 13th Tower...






6 layers of clothes really made me look like Santa haha!
Thanks to Mr. Stranger who helped me document my success.





I successfully climbed up these strange stairs but I had to ask one Frenchman to help me down hahah!
Too bad he's married. Otherwise..... 



Vandalized the Great Wall..hahah!



What are you waiting for?
Healthy lifestyle is not a choice if you want to enjoy this.

I share because I care

No comments: