Wednesday, December 10, 2008

SMK DPHA Gapor Stampin: Chapter 1


SMK Datuk Patinggi Haji Abdul Gapor Stampin Kuching.
Did my Upper Six there 9 years ago.
Was only there for 8 months.
My first experience being in boarding school.
My family was in Labuan and being in Kuching all alone wasn't easy.
My big sis was in Kuching as well but we're not close.
Asked my bro-in-law to bring me there yesterday coz he's teaching there.
Here's a glance of how it looks like now.


School Logo.

School Hall.
Dewan Semesta

School Field.
I still remember that Handsome Number 9 football player from St. Joseph.
Dang!

PSS -Pusat Sumber Sekolah.
School Library

My Bro-In-Law's car sticker

Sarawak, Malaysia, SMK Dphag Stampin's flags

This was once Blok C.
Girls' Hostel.
It has now become Aspura Cemerlang.
Boys' Hostel.
View from the Prefects' verandah.
See that square little building down there?
Flashers liked to flash their 'tantalau' there.
There was one time where one of them flashed it at nite
and we threw Durian skin towards him.
I remember saying "Apa polah waktu malam? Kedak ney kamek orang maok nangga?"
Translation: "Why flash at nite? How can we see it?"
=p
The rest is history

Bathroom.
I still remember the black tragedy that happened here.
Only Getrude and Yoyo know....

C3.
My room.
Shared with another 15 girls.
This wall used to have mural.
Will scan the evidence once i get back to N9.

Ugraded Dining Hall
Wow!
Impressive!

My class was the third window from the left.
From this view....fourth from left.

Canteen
The blue public phone used to be the phone I used to call my dad.
Curi line some more.

From what I remember, this school had the worst toilets ever.
But had the coolest students.

Ahem...ahem...
Mind you, the reputation changed when the new principal came
and the hostel became the best school hostel in Sarawak twice.
TWICE I tell you *apek style o f talking
And they even have 5 stars toilets now.......

I wonder what happen to my other schoolmates?

Chiao
~MystiCat~

13 comments:

Mizz Coki said...

Wow, i was offered to continue my lower 6 ba skula nya in 1996 but i rejected laban dah bulan Ogos!!! laun mat nerima surat urang nyo dah 3-4 bulan belajar nama utai temu aku... nasib udah nya aku bulih uitm. hehehehe...

Unknown said...

Ya ka? Aku suba pun laun 3bulan masuk skul.
Lower 6 ku di Labuan dah nya patut aku masuk nyambung trus upper 6 tapi ku ke kuching ka minta uitm then tukar pikiran....then ka ke form 6 baru. udah nya laun minta di Jabatan Pendidikan. Di beri sida ya skul tok...nya alai aku tok start laun....kalut...
hehe...ngati nda...senior ku la nuan hoo =p

Mizz Coki said...

au, yo meh nyo..eh nuan form 5 thn berapo ahh? aku 1995. aku baru few weeks dah nerima surat ke Form 6 terus bulih masuk uitm, intake December 1996.

Unknown said...

Aku Form 5 1997...heheheh...tapi aku form 1-lower 6 di labuan suba. Nang skul din. Warga pun warga Labuan. Hehe.
Best gak Stampin. Lelengau ka ke skula tok.
Aku di UiTM 2000 suba tapi di s.alam.

Anonymous said...

best nye pergi sekolah balik. ehhe

Sultana said...

So this is your old school Cat. :)

Unknown said...

I sekolah kat cni kejap je coz i followed my sister here.
Before this I sekolah kat SM St Anne Convent Labuan =D

Kholyn De Great said...

Cath.. sy baru ja p skolah lama ko last friday (9 jan 09). sya ada ceramah di sana. sy bg ceramah d dewan skolah utk stdnt f4. 2 hari lpas tu trus banjir skolah ko tu. hahaha!

Unknown said...

Ya ka? Jahayt ko kasi ketawa sekolah sya banjir (T_T)....rumah ko tidak banjir ka?

Anonymous said...

nice banner.dekat jak ngan umah aku skolah ya.

Unknown said...

Hello Fuzzniq =D,
so kitak mesti diam area BDC or Hui Sing

Unknown said...

Hi Cath,

I'm a old boy of SMK stampin

1983-1987
Yayasan Sarawak student

Fareez
KL

Peeciella said...

HELOOOOO :DDD
I'm 2007-2011 generation of Gaporian :) and I enjoyed your blog. :)
btw, the toilet sucks =.= where got 5 star. lol. :p it sucks and stinks.